Somen are usually served cold with a dipping sauce called Tsuyu (つゆ). Somen are white Japanese noodles made of wheat flour and they are very thin, about 1 mm in diameter. The dough is stretched with the help of vegetable oil to make very thin strips and then air dried.
How to cook:
1. Boil 2L of water.
2. Put Somen into boiling water
3. Boil for 1.5 minutes in high heat while stirring gently (if needed, adjust heat)
4. Drain the noodles into a colander quickly
5. Cool down the noodles with running water and rub gently
6. Drain the noodles into a colander and shake off excess water.
7. Enjoy with dipping sauce!